GSDC's Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is considered as a mark of quality excellence for candidates in industries. It assists certified candidates in advancing their career & helps in driving the culture and philosophy of an organization towards improvement with an approach of leading a team and mentoring the same.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification is an integrated program of learning of lean principles and Six Sigma concepts/methodology. To acquire the certificate one needs to complete the examination from GSD Council. Six Sigma is a methodological/statistical approach in delivering high-quality products, processes or services and lean is an approach in delivering high-quality products in lesser time with optimal resources. So if integrated, Lean Six Sigma systematically approaches in the reduction of defects level continuously with on-time delivery of products resulting customers delight which is basically a continuous improvement towards excellence.
After the successful achievement of LSSYB Certification, professional mainly would be:
1. Understand the origins of Lean and Lean thinking.
2. Identify the five principles of Lean and the eight types of waste.
3. Participate as an active team member in a Lean Kaizen event.
4. Understand Six Sigma and the benefits it brings to an organization.
5. Comprehend the five-step DMAIC process and use certain tools within each phase.
6. Apply new skills for collecting and analyzing data.
7. Gain a new understanding of mistake proofing processes and apply other Lean concepts, tools and methodology.
This Certification is suitable for beginners, practitioners, and executives who want a better understanding of Lean & Six Sigma and who are seeking a Yellow Belt Certification.
There are no mandatory pre-requisites for LSSYB but below are few recommendations:
Recommended to have training on Lean Six Sigma through a qualified training institutions.
Recommended to have Lean Six Sigma work Experience.
The Yellow Belt assessment criteria are as follows:
The theoretical exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions.
The pass mark for this exam is set at 52% (26 marks or more required to pass).
The duration of the exam is 40 minutes.
This is a closed book exam.
You must be able to identify yourself with photographic ID.
Incase Participant do not score passing % then they will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. Re-examination can be taken up-to 30 days from date of 1st exam attempt.