GSDC's Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is considered as a mark of quality excellence for candidates in industries. It assists certified candidates in advancing their career & helps in driving the culture and philosophy of an organization towards improvement with an approach of leading a team and mentoring the same.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification is an integrated program of learning of lean principles and six Sigma concepts/ methodology. To acquire the certificate one needs to complete the examination from GSD Council. Six Sigma is a methodological/ statistical approach in delivering high quality products, processes or services and lean is an approach in delivering high quality products in lesser time with optimal resources. So if integrated, Lean Six Sigma systematically approaches in reduction of defects level continuously with on-time delivery of products resulting customers delight which is basically a continuous improvement towards excellence.
After the successful achievement of LSSYB Certification, professional mainly would be:
1. Understand the origins of Lean and Lean thinking.
2. Identify the five principles of Lean and the eight types of waste.
3. Participate as an active team member in a Lean Kaizen event.
4. Understand Six Sigma and the benefits it brings to an organization.
5. Comprehend the five-step DMAIC process and use certain tools within each phase.
6. Apply new skills for collecting and analyzing data.
7. Gain a new understanding of mistake proofing processes and apply other Lean concepts, tools and methodology.
This Certification is suitable for beginners, practitioners, and executives wanting to better understand Lean & Six Sigma and who are seeking a Yellow Belt Certification.
There are no mandatory pre-requesit for LSSYB but below are few recommendations.
Recommended to have training on Lean Six Sigma through a qualified training institution
Recommended to have Lean Six Sigma work Experience
The Yellow Belt assessment criteria are as follows:
The theoretical exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions.
The pass mark for this exam is set at 52% (26 marks or more required to pass).
The duration of the exam is 40 minutes.
This is a closed book exam.
You must be able to identify yourself with photographic ID.
Incase Participant do not score passing % then they will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. Re-examination can be taken up-to 30 days from date of 1st exam attempt.